48K – 90K / YEAR
Heavy Hitters' point person for warehouse logistics and management.
Heavy Hitters is looking for an individual help improve our overall warehousing and production needs. The primary focus of the role will be (1) improving inventory control measures and KPI reporting, (2) developing and implementing warehouse management policies and procedures, (3) determining and planning warehouse space utilization, and (4) employee development.
This individual will wear many hats and must be willing to lead by example; they aren’t someone who is afraid to get their hands dirty when necessary. This position requires a judicious, analytical, highly motivated, and efficiency-focused self-starter responsible for innovating and implementing all day-to-day activities. While supervising a team, the Warehouse Manager reports directly to the Head of Operations.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
• Oversee all warehouse activities including, but not limited to, receiving, storing, production, distribution, shipping and packing, and order fulfillment.
• Implement and enforce inventory control practices as well as develop KPIs for measuring improvement.
• Organize and maintain physical warehouse space to ensure safety and compliance. This requires preplanning for short and long-term storage requirements.
• Ensures accurate and timely deliveries and receipts.
• Implement and enforce safety guidelines; promotes a safe workplace.
• Implement and enforce quality guidelines; promotes an atmosphere of high-performance.
• Maintains accurate metrics and records, audits as necessary.
• Establish and maintains professional communication with all internal and external customers.
• Identifies, documents, and implements opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Maintains a working knowledge of all operating systems pertaining to the work area and equipment.
• Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops warehouse staff; manages schedules and workflow.
• Assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures as well as federal and state regulations.
• Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of teams; actively works to promote and recognize individual and team performance.
• Tracks team performance, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
• Maintain a secure facility with proper security policies required for the Cannabis industry.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Head of Operations.
• Two years of previous warehouse management experience.
• Experience leading a team of 10+ direct reports and department leads.
• Experience working in a start-up environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• People and results oriented.
• Excellent organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to navigate constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Proficient in working with a WMS, Outlook, Excel and Word.
• Proven ability to handle and balance multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Ability to understand and enforce written and verbal instructions.